She forgot her insecurities (8â€ x 10â€)
The above quilt is a thread embellished print of a scanned painting that was printed onto cotton fabric. When creating the original painting, the words stuck with me and I spent most of 2011 letting go of insecurities and taking risks. It didnâ€™t always work out well; there were tears and frustration. But overall, Iâ€™ve had an adventure, learned a lot and Iâ€™m thrilled with all that Iâ€™ve accomplished this year:
- Creating art quilts in all shapes and sizes like this one, this one, this one and this one
- Finishing my first hand quilted quilt
- Having quilts and articles in Sew Somerset June issue
- Creating and quilting my first queen size quilt and commission
- Opening an Etsy shop
- Teaching/presenting how to make creative girl art quilts
- Having quilts and an article in Art Quilting Studio December issue
I feel like celebrating my successes and the timing of the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day is perfect.
One lucky reader will win the thread embellished print/art quilt above.
A second lucky reader will win a Creative Girl Faces & Dress Patterns mini kit with the dress pattern in 2 sizes, quilt instructions and 8 small and 4 large faces.
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment before 5pm Pacific time on Friday, December 16th telling me about one of your favorite successes of the past year.
Iâ€™ll randomly select the 2 winners (one for the quilt and one for the kit) on Saturday.
Be sure to visit Sew Mama Sew to find all giveaways this week.