This was what my dining room wall looked like on Sunday night. The quilt tops were laid out and I had stitched 2/3 of one top together.
I finished the diamond in diamond top on Monday. Iâ€™m pleased with the top and for the most part the points actually line up. Iâ€™m excited to start quilting this one – thinking Iâ€™ll do concentric diamonds.
I finished the other top today. I donâ€™t mind that everything doesnâ€™t quite line up or that the points arenâ€™t crisp – itâ€™s done and I pleased with it.
Both quilts are 54â€ square made with a Basic Grey Curio layer cake and Ash Kona. It was fairly quick to piece together. It took longer to figure out where I wanted all the blocks.
I finished piecing the backs for both quilts using extra blocks today and two prints from the Curio line. The binding is also ready to go. Now I just need to buy more batting.